The Board of Directors
Geoff Bail, Jean Guest, Caroline Hudson, Simon Massarella, Andrew Pickin (Interim Chair), Jo Smart, Matthew Varley, Fiona Pearson
Some Key people in the trust.
Phil Crompton | CEO
Phil Crompton is CEO of the Group. He has worked in education for 32 years, and was a headteacher for 14 of them. Phil became Head at Rushcliffe School in 2010 and led it to academy status in 2012 and from OFSTED Good to Outstanding in 2014. He was a member of the Department for Education Headteacher Reference Group from 2006 to 2011.
Phil works with an experienced senior leadership team, including middle leaders who are ready to step up and colleagues who are prepared to operate as middle leaders.
Steve Lewis | Head of Rushcliffe School
Steve Lewis is Headteacher of Rushcliffe School. He joined in 2002 as Head of Mathematics, became an Assistant and Deputy Head, before stepping up as Head. Steve is an expert in raising achievement.
Ben Chaloner | Head of The Farnborough Academy
Ben Chaloner is Headteacher of The Farnborough Academy. He was previously Head of Mathematics at Rushcliffe School and a Deputy Head with responsibility for teaching. During 2012-2013 he was Head of School at Eastwood, successfully leading it through a turbulent period.
Matt Robertson | Head of Arnold Hill Academy
Matt Robertson is Headteacher of Arnold Hill Academy. He is an Engish teacher who trained and first taught in London before moving to Nottingham in 1999. He taught for 5 years at Top Valley School where he became SENCO before moving to Arnold Hill in 2004 where he became Assistant Head with responsibility for Inclusion. At Arnold Hill Matt has served as Assistant and Deputy Headteacher before stepping in as Acting Head in June 2016 and becoming permanent Headteacher in February 2017.
Angela Brown | Finance Director
Angela Brown is our Finance Director. Before joining us in 2013, she held various financial positions with Rolls-Royce and Alliance Boots. Angela is a CIMA qualified accountant with extensive experience in financial accounting, budget management, controls and compliance.
Marian Beaumont | Human Resources Director
Marian Beaumont is our Human Resources Director. She joined us in 2013, bringing operational and organizational expertise from senior HR roles in the Nottinghamshire and Northamptonshire County Councils.
Saeed Latif | IT Director
Saeed joined The Farnborough Academy in 2013 from CAPITA IT Services . A experienced IT practitioner, Saeed has acquired extensive knowledge and experience of delivering ICT services and solutions into projects under the Governments Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme. In addition to work in the education sector he has considerable strategic and operational experience across many different sectors, including financial services, pharmaceutical and retail.
We have excellent, modern facilities to support outstanding education, but we are mostly building our success on people – and their inclusion, inspiration and inclination for collaboration.
We encourage our people, help them to gain self-confidence and use their talent and enthusiasm. We want people to excel individually and be able to contribute to a team effort. This goes for all our pupils, teachers, managers, administrators and other staff.
The members of the Trent Academies Group are:
What we can offer you?
Academies like to work with the Trent Academies Group because :-
- We offer support for leaders – at middle, senior leader and governor level. This is provided through regular shared events, visits to each other’s sites and on line communication. Joining TAG is to become part of a community.
- We listen to ideas from across the group. Rushcliffe is judged to be “outstanding” but there is no pretence that it is the only organisation with good practice. We find it is evident across the academies and we are all prepared to learn from each other.
- We can provide short term or longer term support for senior teams or for subject areas. The community of Trent Academies Group wants to help.
- Our central services team includes experts in finance, ICT and HR. They work with in-house personnel to solve problems and fine tune systems.
- We have some great ideas which we expect to be taken on board by all academies – but we acknowledge that each academy has its own history, spirit and personality. No one wants to suppress these assets.
- We work with Governors to assess the challenge and support existing bodies can provide. We develop bespoke packages to ensure each academy can be secure in the quality of governance provided. Some decisions have to be taken by the Trent Academies Board but others are delegated to Local Governing Bodies as required.