The Board of Directors
Andrew Pickin (Chair)
Andrew Pickin practiced commercial law for more than 30 years as a partner with two national law firms. Following his retirement from the law in May 2016 Andrew is pursuing a range of interests on a voluntary basis including an interest in education. Three of Andrew's children studied at Arnold Hill Academy and Andrew is committed to working with TAG to improve the education and life chances of every student.
Geoff is an ex teacher with 20 years experience at secondary level teaching Science, Maths, Biology, Computer Science. He then spent years as a Secondary IT advisory for the County and finishing as Head of IT at West Bridgford School working to develop IT across the curriculum. He left teaching in 1995 to start a software company to develop educational software now evolved into online cloud-based software for business which has spun off into a number of online ventures including www.matureaccountants.com, a niche recruitment company, bkd-uk.com, an accounts payable audit and recovery tool for big business, plus a range of business HR appraisal and customer feedback tools.
Caroline is an FCA (Fellow of Chartered Accountants Society for England and Wales); and has worked in commercial finance for over 20 years. She qualified with Price Waterhouse and worked there as an auditor (both external and internal); worked at University of Nottingham briefly and then at Boots for 17 years. She now works for Specsavers as the UK/ROI finance director and is a member of the UK Board. My experience is chiefly around business planning, strategy, performance management and cost control. She has led medium size teams for most of her career. She was a LEA governor for Middleton Primary in Wollaton for 4 years and also a trustee of the Boots Charitable Trust for 2 years. She is an alumna of Rushcliffe School, and her son joined the school in September 2015 and her daughter will join in September 2017. Her husband, Phil, did his teaching practice at Rushcliffe, so all her family feel very linked to the Trust.
Simon Massarella JP, a Nottinghamshire Magistrate, with 35+ years in Director positions (Operations, IT, Research and Development) in software, mechanical, electrical, electronic and civil engineering. Fellow of both the British Computer Society and Chartered Management Institute.
Fiona Pearson joined us in 2017 after holding a number of Director roles in Walgreen Boots Alliance. She brings experience of Strategic Planning & Execution alongside Commercial & Brand Management. Having run large organisations in the past she has a led & delivered a number of complex change programmes.
Jo began her career in HR over 20 years ago starting out as a Personnel & Training Assistant and currently working as Head of HR Business Partnering within Saint-Gobain (at British Gypsum). Her career has spanned working in large complex organisations within Retail, Local Government and more recently Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. She has been very fortunate to work in a variety of HR roles and has experience in leading change initiatives, managing employee relations, delivering HR services, aligning HR strategies with business objectives.
Matt is a senior leader at the Institute of Education at Nottingham Trent University. Prior to this, he worked as a Director of the National College for Teaching and Leadership, which followed ten years working in Local Education Authorities. He is the Chair of Governors at Rushcliffe School, which both of his daughters attend.
Some Key people in the trust.
We have excellent, modern facilities to support outstanding education, but we are mostly building our success on people – and their inclusion, inspiration and inclination for collaboration.
We encourage our people, help them to gain self-confidence and use their talent and enthusiasm. We want people to excel individually and be able to contribute to a team effort. This goes for all our pupils, teachers, managers, administrators and other staff.
The members of the Trent Academies Group are:
What we can offer you?
Academies like to work with the Trent Academies Group because :-
- We offer support for leaders – at middle, senior leader and governor level. This is provided through regular shared events, visits to each other’s sites and on line communication. Joining TAG is to become part of a community.
- We listen to ideas from across the group. Rushcliffe is judged to be “outstanding” but there is no pretence that it is the only organisation with good practice. We find it is evident across the academies and we are all prepared to learn from each other.
- We can provide short term or longer term support for senior teams or for subject areas. The community of Trent Academies Group wants to help.
- Our central services team includes experts in finance, ICT and HR. They work with in-house personnel to solve problems and fine tune systems.
- We have some great ideas which we expect to be taken on board by all academies – but we acknowledge that each academy has its own history, spirit and personality. No one wants to suppress these assets.
- We work with Governors to assess the challenge and support existing bodies can provide. We develop bespoke packages to ensure each academy can be secure in the quality of governance provided. Some decisions have to be taken by the Trent Academies Board but others are delegated to Local Governing Bodies as required.